Aromatherapy Massage combines the potent therapeutic properties of essential oils with that of touch. The result is a unique treatment, which restores and balances you at many levels.
Aromatherapy is easy and pleasurable to include in your daily life.
Aromatherapy can soothe away discomfort, promote relaxation, restore energy and improve wellbeing. It is one of the most effective treatments for stress reduction and stress related ailments and is also beneficial for muscle aches and pains, arthritis, PMS and menopausal problems, skin, digestive and respiratory disorders.
Most aromatherapy sessions involve a consultation followed by a massage with appropriately selected essential oils. This approach links two long-established methods of treatment.
Aromatherapy has been used for thousands of years to soothe and heal. In our modern age we have gained a renewed respect for natural, clean, life-enhancing solutions. The high quality essential oils which we use work directly on the systems of the body and also on centres in the brain, which balance and regulate the body’s activities. A choice of oils is made specifically for you, to meet your individual needs.
Light pressure is used to soothe and relax. Tension just ebbs away! A wonderful experience both pleasurable and good for you! Aromatherapy blends are easy to apply yourself at home, providing continuity of care between sessions and reinforcing any treatment.
Aromatherapy works at the physical, mental and energetic levels. Allied with the well-known benefits of massage, whose therapeutic effects have been used for millennia in many different cultures, aromatherapy provides effective treatment for many common ailments and conditions.
Orchard Therapies make their own aromatherapy products from top quality ingredients and aromatherapy quality essential oils.
Our range of unique blends is complemented by a small selection of carefully sourced goods available only through specialist aromatherapy suppliers. We stock the English Hampshire Lavender body care range — grown, distilled and processed on their own Hampshire farm.
We can blend for many ailments and conditions as well as for individual preference. If you don’t see what you want — ask!
- Aloe Vera gel — Soothing aloe vera extract is combined with lavender, Roman chamomile, bergamot and benzoin to relieve sore, irritated and inflamed skin.
- Arthritis cream — effective for joints suffering from osteoarthritis consisting of lavender, Roman chamomile, juniper and turmeric.
- Body lotion — a refreshing skin care blend of neroli, petitgrain, mandarin, ylang ylang and, clary sage and clove.
- Face cream — a light easily absorbed face cream complemented by oils of frankincense, ylang ylang, bergamot, rosewood, neroli and myrrh for daily skin care.
- Hand cream — enhanced with extract of comfrey this unusual blend of frankincense, bergamot, geranium, yarrow and spikenard is ideal for both sensitive and working hands.
- Moisturising cream — developed to rehydrate dry skin, oils of palmarosa, geranium, patchouli, sandalwood and yarrow are blended into a moisturising base cream.
- Shampoo — a refreshing general hair care shampoo of lavender, rosemary, lemon and lime, suitable for men and women.
- Shampoo — An antidandruff shampoo of tea tree, cedarwood, cypress and rosemary.
- Shower gel — for daytime use and a partner for our hair care shampoo our blend of lavender, rosemary lemon, lime and nutmeg leaves you fresh and bright.
- Massage oils — we can produce a massage blend to suit your needs and preference
Caution. Rosemary is not suitable for epileptics. Advice should be sought if pregnant.
Orchard Therapies make a range of massage oils. These can be made to order to your requirements as well as obtained from the shelf.
If you need a special blend for a special occasion or because you have a nut allergy or other special need please ask and we will be pleased to cater to your request.
Our present range is:
- Sensual — Hers — a heady, sweetly spicy blend of mandarin. jasmine, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Sensual — His — woody, smoky and with lots of hints, cedarwood, myrtle, vetiver, black pepper, clove and orange.
- Invigorating — a daytime blend with some get up and go. Basil, lime, juniper, thyme, clove and geranium.
- Relaxing — an evening and chill out blend of frankincense, petitgrain, elemi, coriander, melissa and immortelle.
- Muscles — effective for tired achy muscles, sprains and strains. Grapefruit, black pepper, marjoram, nutmeg and coriander.
All these blends are in a carrier oil of sunflower seed, sweet almond and apricot kernel oils.